Saturday, May 23, 2009

Netflix: "Changeling"

On Tuesday evening I invited my friend David over for dinner and a movie. I made meatloaf with scalloped potatoes and a caesar salad followed by Raspberry sorbet for desert. For the movie I had the latest movie from my Netflix Queue "Changeling"

This movie was simply amazing and there is a good reason for that. That reason is Clint Eastwood! Clint has found his artistic calling behind the scenes calling the shots from the director's chair. He simply does an amazing job. The way the film told the story, the way the film was shot, the acting was perfect from beginning to end. Some of the shots that he was able to get were simply breathtaking, beautiful, complimented the emotion of the scenes. His use of contrast in the lighting of the film was simply magnificent.

"Changeling" is the true story of a mother from Los Angeles in the 1920's whose son goes missing and her quest to find her missing boy. Along the way she has to battle the corrupt Los Angeles police department bringing to light just how corrupt and depraved the department truly is. I don't want to say anymore because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not seen it. This movie is definitely a must see and is yet another Clint Eastwood masterpiece!

The meal and company wasn't so bad either!

No comments: