Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Le-gen-dary Weekend in LA

This past weekend was much needed and awesome. I can't remember when I had so much fun. I made the trek down to Westwood to meet up with Heather who was traveling with Oregon State and playing at UCLA. I had not seen Heather since my first year here at UCSB when the basketball team traveled to Montana State. A lot had happened since I last saw Heather. She and Zeb had moved back to Oregon and are proud house owners with an adorable puppy named Ollie!
Joining up with Heather and me was the completion to our Heron Club reunion; Laef and his fiance Allison. Laef and Allison were nice enough to introduce us to their kitty "Sanchez" and let me crash on the couch for the night! After Heather's game We headed back to Heather's hotel and made plans to meet up with Laef and Allison. We went to a mexican restaurant for dinner and Marguarita's followed by Corona's and hanging out in Heather's hotel room.
On Sunday I headed back to UCLA to catch Heather's second game and spend a little more time with her before she had to get on the bus and head back to Oregon! In the process I got to see quite the coaching display post game when in disgust Heather's coach took his shirt off and tossed it in the middle of the team huddle and walked away.

It was great meeting back up with Heather, Laef, and Allison. I had such a great time reconnecting and sharing old stories.

No comments: