Sunday, May 4, 2008

Out to the Movies: Iron Man

After I got my laundry done, and a shower taken I met up with David and James to see the first blockbuster of the year; "Iron Man". "Iron Man" is the latest Marvel comic book hero to hit the big screen. To be completely honest I never really followed Iron Man. I vaguely remember there was a cartoon growing up, but I was way more of a "X-Men" kid. With that being said, I was very impressed!

The director and screen writers were able to put together the background of the story in a way that flowed well and kept the audience captivated. It always seems that when it comes to these types of movies although the background is important it is slow and drawn out to the point that the movie is boring. Boring however, is not the word I would use to describe the first of the "Iron Man" soon to be movie franchise. There will be no doubt at least three installments just like what has been done with other Marvel comic book movies.

So, the movie was good and it deserved to make over 100 million dollars in its opening weekend. Robert Downey Junior looked right home as the main character. On the other hand though Gwenyth Paltrow and Terrence Howard did not seem to mesh with their characters as well, and were just awkward majority of the time. Here's hoping they get it together in the sequels.

No comments: