Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Did It!

That's right you heard me people. I did it! I bought myself a bed! Woohoo! I feel awesome!

I'm sorry Heather I was unable to document the purchasing process, but believe me it would have been a doozie! I must have laid on and rolled around on at least six different beds going from firm to plush to ultra plush mattresses. I finally decided on one today. I found my future bed at Sears.

It's a Queen Size Serta Perfect Sleeper Cupertino II Plush

I know I went big! I figured I may as well get as big of a bed as I could afford that would fit into my apartment because I'm going to have it for awhile. You never know I could always find someone to share it with some day. When that day comes I think we'll both enjoy the added space.

My bed gets delivered a week from today.

The process was pretty fun and fairly easy. The only bad part was some absolutely horrible customer service on Sears' part. At first I waited for about 20 minutes waiting for a sales associate to come to the area to help. Then I waited another 10 minutes waiting for the sales associate after she was paged to come to the area. So, after about 30 minutes of waiting I ended up wandering into the Appliances section looking for a sales person to help me. Once I found a sales person then came the process of purchasing and this older gentleman was giving me all sorts of headaches. I'm sure my attitude didn't help matters. I was already a little peeved at the situation.

What ever happened to the days of good customer service?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats. However, still waiting for picture evidence.

Greg said...

Haha! I should have guessed! I will give you visual confirmation once it arrives next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Greg, the good old customer service is out the window. You should have asked for a discount since you had to wait so long. You would not get it, but it would have been fun for you to try. We are glad you a finally getting your bed.