Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Birthday

Maybe I'm getting cynical way before my time, but as each year goes by the pomp and circumstance of my birthday diminishes.

Today was the usual day at work with a couple birthday wishes here and there. I received an entire blog post by Heather featuring some of my favorite things, phone calls, facebook messages, and a couple emails wishing me a happy birthday.

After work I went to dinner with David and James at the Beachside Bar Cafe. We sat outside with a spectacular view of the pacific, the Channel Islands, and UCSB. Dinner was delicious! I started with a cup of Clam Chowder followed by Atlantic Salmon Hollandaise with rice and steamed veggies on a bed of sauteed spinach. Afterwards, we headed back to David and James's place where I opened my presents and enjoyed some ice cream and cake.

Overall it was a pretty good birthday.

My Favorite Present was this:

"Silence" by Andy Everson

Thank you David I love it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg,
I was think of you all day Tuesday. I wish I could have been with you to help celebrate your birthday. Friday, you will have your gift from Dad and me in your account. Please enjoy it.

Heather said...

Glad you had a great day...and don't worry, you've got an amazing card coming your way...but I am a little disappointed in my skills, I thought I had the US postal service timing down better.

Greg said...

Thanks Mom!

I got the card today Heather! I laughed so hard I almost fell on the floor. Thank you very much.

Heather said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!