Thursday, June 21, 2007

Reading Corner

Since moving into my new apartment I as of now have not elected to start cable service, which has brought me back to reading for entertainment. I've resumed reading a book that I have been working on for oh I'd say about 3.5 years now. This is a book of monsterous proportions; a whopping 1069 pages in length! It's true that I think I read the first chapter about 5 times trying to get into this book. I am currently on page 406. What is this book that has been agonizing me for this long to even come this close to the end. It would be the one the only "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

So here's the scoop:
This book is the second of two books that outline her philosophy of "Objectivism". It's very wordy and has a lot of internal philosophical dialogue that I find myself trying to read, comprehend, and analyze all at the same time as to whether or not I agree with. At least I am making headway and will hopefully complete it by the time Basketball Season begins again.

4 comments:

Heather said...

This sounds extremely painful. Good luck though.

Unknown said...

Dear Lord, save yourself now...Heather's friend Ali

Greg said...

Haha! I know I should, but I have this uncontrollable urge to just finish it. Hopefully it doesn't ruin me from reading any other books!

Heather said...

Too bad "just finish it" sounds like a year long commitment. Sheesh! Don't jump all in at once or anything.