Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Amy Winehouse



I maybe a little behind the times in discovering Amy Winehouse, but at least I'm not too late. I first heard her song "Rehab" on the local alternative rock station in town and immediately enjoyed the refreshing sound of her voice and the melody of the song that reminds me of the days of Motown. I previewed her album on itunes and decided to download it. Her album has been in heavy rotation for me ever since. I especially enjoy the title track "Back to Black". If you haven't already check her out!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Greg! I LOVE Amy Winehouse! Good pick! She's definitely going to rival Elliot Yamin in my office playlist. Nah, just joking. That's crazy talk. But I do like her a lot.

My only beef is that I think her album is almost one of those where everything sounds kind of the same. I wish there was just a little more variation.

Greg said...

Yes, I do agree with you Heather, a lot of the songs do sound alike, but overall a nice change from today's music scene.

Heather said...

You know I love the old-school soul vibe!

Heather said...

So how was the move? You need to post up pics of your new place.