Saturday, May 22, 2010

Portland Saturday Market

David and I went to the Portland Saturday Market this morning before the heavy rain showers hit the area. Allison, if you can believe it the weather this week has been worse than for the week you visited. We saw some really great things. David picked himself up a blown glass vase and I discovered a new and local artist that I am now going to share with you. She was displaying her "Fractal" artwork. Her artwork caught David and my eyes immediately. We both found pieces that we really liked. I picked up her business card and then David and I continued through to see the rest of the booths. On our way back to the car we swung back by her stand and I purchased the following piece of work:

"Black Thorn" by Sara McCormick

Check out her website Infinitecreature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greg,
Sorry to hear about the weather. It just doesn't want to cooperate with you having visitors. I'm glad that you were still able to find somethings to do. I never got to go to the Saturday market. It sounds really cool. I guess that is another reason I will have to come and visit you again. The artwork looks really interesting. I will definitely have to check out her website. Now you just need to display the artwork on the wall. Hope you had a good time with David excluding the weather conditions.