Saturday, May 22, 2010

Vancouver, British Columbia

Last Thursday I made the trek from Portland up to Vancouver, BC for a little get away and some continuing education units. The drive to the great white north was longer than I had first anticipated. It didn't that I had completely miscalculated how close to the border Seattle was, so much for midwesterners knowing their geography huh? Once I got into Vancouver I made my way to Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium. The aquarium was one of my favorites things that I saw when I went to Vancouver with the UCSB Men's Basketball team a couple years ago. After touring the Aquarium I wandered through part of the park snapping pictures of the city skyline and Lions Gate Bridge.




After I meandered through the park I checked into my hotel and set off to find some dinner. I managed to come across this little Thai restaurant called "Thai Basil". This may have been the best Thai food I have ever had. It was absolutely delicious, so if you ever find yourself in Vancouver be sure to head to Thai Basil on the corner of Davies and Thurlow.

I began my seminar on Friday and it ran through Sunday beginning at 8am and ending at 5pm with a lunch break from 12-1pm. The seminar was very informative. I am looking forward to being able to utilize what I learned at work. On Friday night I headed down to English Bay with Mikey a Vancouver resident that I met to walk along the waterfront and to catch the sunset. Unfortunately, I did not take my camera with me, so no pictures.
























I got up early on Monday morning to make sure that I got back to Portland in enough time to pick up David from the airport. I definitely gave myself enough time to get back with a few pit stops. David's flight was also a little delayed from San Francisco, so that helped out as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greg,
I will definitely remember the Thai place if I ever find myself in Vancouver, BC. It sounds like the road trip wasn't too bad and that you were able to explore the city a bit more this time compared to when you went with the B-Ball team. I'm glad the seminar went well, too.