Sunday, May 2, 2010

Allison and the Eugene Marathon

My friend Allison; from Undergrad who is finishing up Med school, came out to visit me this week. Our first adventure was her running the Eugene Marathon. This marks her seventh career marathon. She has a goal of running a marathon in all fifty states. Allison set a personal best time of 3 hours 36 minutes and 16 seconds and qualified for her second Boston Marathon. The weather was perfect with the starting temperature being in the mid 40's and the high only getting to the low 60's with intermittent sunshine. I got to see Allison at the start and then caught up with her at about mile 17 and was then there for the finish. Our friend Sara and her sister Katie also participated in the marathon.

Here are a few shots of the day:


Allison at mile 17


Allison rounding the Bowerman curve to the finish line


Sara heading to the finish of her first marathon in just over 4 hours


Allison after the marathon


Stretching and sharing the news


Allison and Bill Bowerman

3 comments:

Allison said...

Nice pictures Greg. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy this experience with me. Thanks for cheering me on.

Greg said...

Thanks Allison. I'm glad that you came out to visit me. It was a little stressful trying to get to spots on the course, but it was fun and totally worth it to cheer you on!

Allison said...

Didn't mean to cause stress. That is why my mother just stays at the start and finish. I appreciate you running all over to get some good pictures since it made my mother quite happy. :)