Sunday, January 25, 2009

From my Portfolio

Last Tuesday I had a staff meeting at work at 8 am so the night before I decided that I would get up early drive into work, watch the sunrise at Goleta Beach and take some photos. Well, I got a late start at the sunrise but got there before the sun got too high in the sky making it too light to shoot. I got some good shots and finished off one roll and then loaded in some black and white film. By the time I got the second roll loaded the sun was too high in the sky to shoot directly, so I played with some silhouettes to get some additional shots.
I dropped off the rolls to be developed before I left on my road trip and picked them up today. On first glance I was happy with how some of them came out. On second glance and loading them on my computer I think I got some pretty awesome shots that I am super excited about.

So, here they are for your viewing pleasure...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, Greg.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a wonderful job. I really like the one with the trees. Though you should think about getting a digital camera so you can make them B&W or color. Plus you can see how they look and not have to wait for them to be developed.

Heather said...

Love them Greg! I think the fact that you haven't gone digital makes you old school. very cool.

Greg said...

Mom- Thank you!

Allison- I know! Getting a digital camera is on my to get list. But it usually takes me 3-5 years to get each thing on that list and a bicycle is ahead of the camera.

Heather- Thank you! I knew you'd appreciate them! Maybe you'll get a house warming gift :)

In general I'd say I like the old school film route and not exactly knowing how everything worked out till I get them developed. I believe it makes the photo that much more satisfying to see.

I don't see why I can't do both though!

Rob said...

Those are great shots! I am surprised that you were able to get all those shots in one morning. Glad to see you are following the new year resolutions! Keep it up!

Greg said...

Thanks Rob. I was surprised as well. It always is a crap shoot when it comes to working with film, but it worked out this time.