Friday, February 13, 2009

Hello again

Yes, I know it has been a long time since I've updated my blog. I've been lazy and haven't really had anything worthy of "blogging out". But, I need to break out of the cycle so I'm going to bore you all with the musings of my mundane life.

So, what have I been up to you ask. Well, let me tell you. I've been up to the usual routine of work, eat, and sleep. Basketball season is grinding along and no it is not going well. We are currently 3-7 in conference and 9-13 overall. It has been a rough start to the conference schedule. We've lost games in all kinds of fashion. We've had double digit leads and have squandered them away in the second half. We've played well and have had chances to win in the end, but make silly turnovers, and shoot bad shots. We've even only scored 16 points in one half. All I have to say is that at least we've scored more points than Maryland and Oregon in a half (15 each in horrible losses); sorry Clay I feel your pain!

This past week we made the trip down to Orange county to play Fullerton and Irvine. We built up a 22 point second half lead just to end up losing by 7 in our first game. In the second game of the weekend we did considerably better beating Irvine by 9 and securing the season sweep over the team that had knocked us out of the Big West tournament when we were the higher seed the past two years. With last weeks road trip we only have one more conference road trip to make; a one game trek down to Northridge. This week we welcome our central coast travel partner/rival Cal Poly to the Thunderdome for our third consecutive Valentine's Day match up. We beat Cal Poly on the road a month ago, but Poly has been hot on the road and cold at home. This is a big game for both teams since we are both in the basement of the conference. The silver lining though is that the conference is living in a ranch style house this year, so it's going to be a wild sprint to the finish..

On the personal side of life things are status quo. I haven't been going out much, but then again I've been on the road with basketball for practically all of January. I'm proud to say that since I've gotten my Wii fit I have lost 20lbs. The best way to describe everything is that I'm going with the flow and seeing where it takes me.

With that said I'm just going to "Float On"! You all do the same!

No comments: