Monday, June 16, 2008

Reading Corner

I admit once again I have fallen of the reading bandwagon. I started "The Book of Honor" towards the end of basketball season and finished reading it yesterday. What can I say? Now that gas has hit well over $4.50 a gallon, and only going to go up from here I've sequestered myself to my apartment.

"The Book of Honor" was written by Ted Gup. The book focuses around bring to light some of the names of the nameless stars in the Central Intelligence Agencies Book of Honor. The book focuses on operatives killed in duty to country beginning in the 1950's and into the 1990's. I found this book to be very interesting and enjoyed reading about these extraordinary men and women of the clandestine service. Although, a lot of the details of their missions continue to be confidential and top secret Mr. Gup did a good job giving the reader a sense of who there people were. At times it was difficult to read the grief that the families dealt with. Overall "The Book of Honor" was well done and serves its purpose well.

No comments: