Friday, June 13, 2008

Resolutions Revisited

The year that is 2008 is officially halfway over, so I decided to check back in with my New Years Resolutions.

Number 1: Reach target weight of 160lbs and/or waist size of 32.
a: Eat Healthy
b: Exercise at least a hour 5 days a week.

The Reality:
I am no closer to accomplishing this goal. Why am I so lazy and unmotivated?

Number 2: Be Better at keeping in touch with past, current, and future friends.

The Reality:
I did good with this for about 2 months and then fell back into my old ways. Behaviour modification is difficult stuff!

Number 3: Reconnect with my brother

The Reality:
He has actually made more of an effort than I have.

Number 4: Buy a bed

The Reality:
Okay here's a moment to be proud of! I actually have accomplished this one!

Number 5: Be more honest and stand up for myself at work

The Reality:
In certain situations I have made progress, but in the majority of situations there has been little change in the way I used to act. At some point I am just going to have to let go not care what anyone else thinks and just tell it like it is. I bet a lot of people would enjoy that. There is nothing more dangerous than a man who has nothing to lose!


So there we have it people. At the mid way point I have officially accomplished 20% of what I have wanted to. On the bright side I still have five and a half months to get the rest of the way.

1 comment:

Heather said...

If you want some coaching on how to tell it like it is, I'm sure Zeb would be glad to comp. you a few sessions...If I remember correctly he used to always try to get you to tell a certain supervisor to "F-Off"