Thursday, June 26, 2008

Departmental Bowling

Today the Athletic Training Room Staff challenged the rest of the athletic department to lunch time bowling. We had a decent turnout with members of the staff from just about every department/office represented. We were divided into teams of three and then bowled against each other for two games. Lunch time bowling was pretty awesome. The food was good, the company was fun, and the bowling was intense.
I somehow managed to bowl the game of my life. I began the first game with consistent spares and then managed to register a turkey! For those non bowling minded people a "Turkey" is when a person bowls three strikes in a row. I rode that Turkey to an impressive score of 174. That just happened to be the high score of the event. My score also helped make up for the poor performance of my co-worker Mikes unstable "Norwegian" bowling technique.
I was definitely surprised by my first game score. It appears that my curling bowling style began to pay off. The second game was ok, but I did not do as well bowling a 125. Luckily just about everyone else dropped off the second game as well. When everything was said and done we the Athletic Trainer's reigned supreme.

Bring on the rematches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did real good I don't think you have been bowling in a long time have you. How was your wrist and fingers the next day? Were they sore?