Sunday, April 12, 2009

Living with an angry cell phone

What a day Tuesday was! I had a tennis match to cover and friend and I were to go to an Arts and Lectures event that evening. Well the tennis match got cancelled because of rain after we had begun playing singles. It was while I was waiting for the officials to call the match that I first noticed my cell phone not working properly. I thought it was weird that when I hit the side button that the time display did not pop up, but thought nothing of it.

It wasn't until I got home that I noticed that no button whatsoever worked on my cell phone. I couldn't call or text anyone! I couldn't even set my alarm or take my phone off vibrate. Apparently my phone was angry about being left behind on Sunday. Luckily, my friend called me and I could at least answer the call and we arranged to meet up for the show that night. I left my cell phone at home since it wasn't going to work anyway and I was really frustrated with it. I had visions of going all "Office Space" on it. When I got home my cell phone was still being cranky and not working. My friend asked if he could take a look, so I tossed it over to him and what do you know the damn thing was back to normal. My friend must have some magically healing cell phone hands. Next time I have a problem with my cell phone I'm going to ask him to perform an exorcism. "The power of AT&T compels you!"

My cell phone has been okay ever since, but I probably should look into upgrading; it is going on four years old after all. But let's keep that as a secret, I don't need any more cell phone drama!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sorry to hear about the Cell phone. I had a similar problem with my Garmin. I had a long run, and it decided it didn't want to work. I got frustrated than tried one more time, and it worked. Thank goodness because it would not have been cheap to fix. It is good that your cell phone is back working since I probably will need to call you soon. May be it is time to upgrade, though.

Greg said...

Allison, thanks! I know sometimes technology can be really temperamental! I think it is time to upgrade, but I kind of like being the only guy at work with a classic flip phone!