Monday, February 23, 2009

Netflix'n it!


This past week I sat down and enjoyed myself some Netflix.

The first movie I watched was "Lars and the Real Girl" staring Ryan Gosling. The synopsis of this movie says that it is an oddball comedy. Although there are plenty of comedic moments I thought the broader message of the film was that of a community coming together to help Lars and the journey of his character. The funniest moments in the film are the non-verbal reactions to Lars' delusion and at times the extent of Lars' lack of social skills. Ryan Gosling does a fine job of acting. His acting career has come a long way.

The second movie I watched was "The Visitor" staring Richard Jennings. I really enjoyed this movie. Although the ending was not what I had expected to happen the journey of Jennings character Walter was a delight to watch. The premise of the movie is that a widowed college professor finds an immigrant couple living in his New York apartment. Walter becomes immersed in their lives and learns how to live again. The movie also gives the audience a small glimpse on the treatment of illegal aliens and how they are treated in the United States. This one is definitely worth watching!

No comments: