Monday, December 8, 2008

"How I Met Your Mother"


When Heather, Laef, and I all lived together back in Eugene Heather typically controlled the tv and made us watch all sorts of reality television. Some of the shows we watched included American Idol, Laguna Beach, My Super Sweet Sixteen, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and The Real World. We had some really great tv watching conversations, discussions, and moments. It was through Heather and Laef that I came to truly become addicted to "The Office".

Even since we have all moved on to other areas of the west coast Heather is still giving me suggestions on what tv shows to watch. It turns out Heather knows me entirely too well! One of the shows she suggested I begin watching is "How I Met Your Mother" or "HIMYM" for short. I had resisted until it came time to load my ipod for my long road trip of the year. I decided why not I'll buy the first season off itunes and see how it goes. I was hooked from the pilot episode! In fact, I didn't begin reading the books I brought on that trip till after I had watched every episode.

The idea behind the show is a father telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. The show centers around Ted Mosby an architect in New York who is looking for his soul mate. All the stories include Marshal and Lily; Ted's friends from college, Barney another friend of Ted, Marshal, and Lily's, and Robin a woman that Ted falls in love with and becomes integrated into the group.

Good call Heather! If I ever get a tivo I'll let you program it! Although you were right about "HIMYM" I'm still on the fence about "Friday Night Lights". I need more convincing on that one.

If you haven't checked out this show it airs Monday nights at 8:30pm on CBS and it is Awwwesome! High-Five!

2 comments:

Heather said...

When I'm feeling sad, I just tell myself how Awesome I am....

Greg! Do you ever doubt me?!?!?! I prefer to refer to it as "Your Mother" but that's neither here nor there.

Friday Night Lights or "Lights" as I refer to it will also suck you in. I promise. Do you need a testimonial...because I can get you one from a very reliable and unbiased source - or two for that matter. Let me know.

I feel like I need to go watch the first 2 seasons again so we can talk about them. AMAZING. Have you seen Lily & Marshall's wedding yet? Or what about the one where Barney steal's Ted's moving van so that he can't move in with Robin. Or...the bro code? Good god almighty.

Greg said...

I have watched Lily and Marshall's wedding and when Barney steals Ted's moving truck. I don't recall the bro code; is that in season 3?