Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back Home

Oh it feels good to be back in Santa Barbara after a solid 13 days on the road. Well okay maybe not 13 consecutive days on the road. There was a solid day and half that I was home before we left for another trip.

Our Thanksgiving trip went well for the most part. We won 2 games and lost 2 games. I got to see my Grandparents and my best friend from undergrad; Allison.

Allison and I had not seen each other in person since she came to visit me in Eugene while she was in Seattle for her brother's wedding in the early spring of 2006. Though we have kept in touch through emails, phone calls, and care packages nothing comes close to being able to catch up in person. Allison is finishing up Med School in Kirksville , MO and was on her way back there from her Mom's house in Deckerville, MI. Luckily, Bloomington, IL and Illinois State University just happened to be on her way. It was great seeing her. However, she did have a few tricks up her sleeve. She brought some Mint brownies, pumpkin pie, and her camera. I hadn't noticed the camera till I looked up and saw it pointed in my direction. I immediately took evasive action hiding behind our 7' 2" freshman; I knew he was good for something besides dunking basketballs. She did manage to get a few shots of me working though:

I spotted the camera on this one, but was unable to get out of the way

No clue this was being taken


Our first picture together since graduation in 2004

I also got to visit with my grandparents. It was great seeing them and being able to catch up with them. They are both doing well. I truly appreciated them making the drive out to Illinois to see me. The last time I saw them was last season when we made a stop in Muncie, IN. I promise I will do my best to get the coaches to schedule someone closer to Cincinnati for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Greg the pictures are great. I liked all three of them who took the last picture?

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. I'm glad you were able to put them to good use. It was great being able to reconnect with you, too.

Greg said...

Mom: Allison's camera had a timer on it, so Allison put the camera on the tv, pushed the button, and then we posed.

Allison: They are too good of pictures to not go on the blog! It was great seeing you! Thanks again for stopping!