Tuesday, March 4, 2008

No More Eating Before Bed

Ever since I was a kid I have been able to remember my dreams quite vividly and on occasion have had very strong senses of deja vu! Last night was no exception. I woke up this morning thinking what in the world is going on in my head! I really should invest in a dream book, so I can figure out what in my subconscious is so crazy.
I distinctly remember having a dream in the Fall of last year eerily similar to the one I had last night. The previous dream had me riding a bike at night along a lake with nothing more than the moon to light the way. I also remember staking out my grandparents old house but was not quite sure what I was on the lookout for. I remember having a very anxious feeling on the bike ride back as though I was afraid something was either following me or waiting to attack me along the way.
Anyway, flash forward to last nights dream where myself and two other people enter my grandparents house which is dilapidated and ransacked. I feel like I've known my two companions extremely well and for a long time but I can't make out their faces. When we enter the house and start looking around we are confronted by a banshee like woman with glowing red eyes. After what seems like an hour she disappears and being a little frightened we go up stairs stepping over debris and finding little momentos that remind me of my childhood. That's when I woke up.
The glowing red eyes seems to be a running theme as I have very strong memory of a dream I had in high school. In that dream the only thing I remember clearly is walking through a heavily wooded area when I come across a car from the 1950's with it's headlights on facing the woods with the drivers side door open. As I approach I do not see anybody near or around the car and then out of nowhere appears a woman with glowing bright red eyes coming at me from the woods. It was at that point that I woke up with that same anxious feeling I had while bike riding in the dream that I had in the Fall.

I'm really not sure what's going on in my head while I sleep, but it's some crazy stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you eating before you go to bed? Something is bothering you and its giving you your dreams. I've had a dreams over and over again, too. But mine was about wrecking my car. I could see the intersection, so I made sure I was very careful there. But it was my very first car, too.

Heather said...

That is terrifying. A banshee like woman with red eyes? Would it make you feel any better if I told you that last night Zeb had a dream that there was a giant can opener chasing him?