Monday, March 3, 2008

Flag Football

Now this one is a doozie so buckle up folks!

The plan this year was for my co-workers and I to play intramural flag football. We were all set and ready when aghast the only times offered interfered directly with our work hours. Instead of giving up one of my co-workers had a brilliant idea; lets start our own league, and thus the ICA Flag Football League was born. Our team has been practicing for about two months and tonight was our first game. So much for all the practicing!
We scored maybe two touchdowns to the other teams five or six. In addition to being routed we had a partially dislocated shoulder to deal with and I strained my hip flexor. Good thing we have a week before the next game. I anticipate being better by then. It was a fun night of competition. I think we got the jitters out, and should be ready to roll next week.

In case you were wondering here are my stats:
I threw 3 completions one for a touchdown and 2 interceptions.
A less than stellar outing for sure.

Look for updates on the season every Monday night for the next 7 weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun that's good. Please don't be one that gets hurt, okay.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh Greg, this is possibly the worst idea ever. You are going to get hurt.

Greg said...

ye of such little faith. Ok so yeah maybe I did strain my rectus femoris a tad last night, but come on am I really that clumsy? Flag football is nothing like getting lost in the woods!