Sunday, February 3, 2008

A weekend at the Movies

With a rare weekend with no basketball game scheduled I was able to indulge in a little quality me time at the movie theater.




The first movie I saw was "Atonement". I had wanted to see this movie since it first came out, and has since been nominated for numerous awards. I did enjoy this movie and the rotating view points of the same events and the consequences of those events. The ending was unexpected, but fitting and really brings the story to an end. I would recommend "Atonement" as worth the price of admission.






The second movie I saw this weekend was "The Kite Runner". I had seen the previews for this movie quite awhile back and had wanted to see it before I had read the book. Being the good book reader I am striving to be I held off till I had finished reading it. As my consistent blog readers know I loved the book and regard it highly; if you have not read it I strongly encourage you to! Anyways back to the movie, the movie was great. The adaptation from the book was well done and captured the essence of the story very well. The message of this story is very powerful and has affected me very much. We have all done things in our lives that we are not the most proud of but to quote the book and movie; "There is a way to be good again.", we each just have to find our own path to achieve it. I strongly recommend this movie and book.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I want to see Atonement, on a scale from 1-10 what are the chances of me talking Zeb into this one?

And if I do talk him into it - what are the chances that he will ever see a movie with me again after it is over?

Greg said...

I'd say the chances of you talking Zeb to go see it is a solid 6 out of 10 with a moderate risk of him refusing to see another movie with you. There are some racy and some mild gore, but overall it's more of an emotional movie than anything else. Good luck Heather.

Heather said...

Hahah. I like the odds you gave me. Gal also loved this movie, but she was not willing to put her name behind it in order for me to convince Zeb.

Greg said...

Yeah, it's probably going to be a hard sell for ole Zeb to get on board!