Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Madonnari

This past weekend I had my first expierence with I Madonnari an Italian Street Painting Festival that takes place in Santa Barabra every Memorial Day weekend at the Santa Barbara Mission.

I Madonnari is an italian tradition dating back to the 16th century. I Madonnari street painting artist use chalk to create their masterpieces. The international festival is held each year in Grazie di Curtatone, Italy.

It is amazing how real they all look.

Here's a look:











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful Greg, what a wonderful experience you must have had. haha!
ps...so this is what you do during your work hours..hmmm

Greg said...

Only when I have no athletes to deal with and no paperwork to do.

Anonymous said...

Sure Greg. We all know what a slacker you are :)

Greg said...

Haha! Yeah, well what can I say idle hands!