Saturday, May 19, 2007

75% Californian

With the recent observation of my 25th birthday and the coinciding expiration of my beloved Ohio Driver's License I have officially become a Californian, well almost.

Exhibit A:


As you can tell I was not very well informed as to the precise timing that this picture was being taken resulting in the "Der" expression on my face. Anyway, moving on.

Exhibit B:


Now this is actually a funny story. As part of the vechicle registration for vehicles first operated in California there is a vehicle inspection by a DMV employee; okay technically I was supposed to do this within the first 10 days that I drove my car in the grand state that is known as California, oops. Well in any case as this woman was inspecting my car I had to take off my Ohio plates, okay no big deal I'll always have them to remember the good times of cruising around Ohio and the cross country trek that my car, myself, and my Ohio plates had. When out of no where the lady tells me that I cannot keep them! I was obviously in disbelief and taken aback, as I think we all would. It was all very sad! I didn't even get to say good bye.

I don't have visual evidence of this but you are just going to have to take my word for it. I am now also a registered Californian voter. The only thing left to do before I am a 100% transplanted Californian is switching my insurance to Californian standards.

My transformation is nearly complete.

In a side note, because I know you are all curious:
I missed one question on the written exam