Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

Over Memorial Day Weekend I made the not so long trek down to Anahiem. California to a visit a little place called "Disneyland" aka "The Happiest Place on Earth." This was my first ever trip to the land Walt Disney built. My trip began with a 4:45am wake up call, better known as an alarm clock, and on the road at 5:30am. My good friend David and I arrived at 7:30am hoped on the tram and made our way to the ticket booth, to purchurase our golden tickets, okay so maybe they weren't golden but for me it was as close to it as I was going to get. A short wait in a not horribly long line and we were officially in.

I was completely enjoying my experience as we made our way through the park land by land, and ride by ride. It had been so long since I had been on a rollercoaster that I forgot just how much fun they are. We spent the morning exploring Tomorrowland and Fantasyland before stopping for lunch in Toon Town.

After lunch we made our way through Frontierland, Critter Country, New Orleans Quarter and Adventureland. I was actually very surprised by how short the lines were considering it Memorial Day Weekend.

By far the best moment of the day was Splash Mountain. We ended up waiting in line for about an hour, but it was all worth it because we got to sit in the first two seats, so obviously we got soaked, but the picture was most excellent and makes me smile every time I look at it. As you can tell we both lost ourselves in the moment.



The low point of the day was that even though I beat David twice in Astro Blasters I have no proof since our picture at the end of the ride didn't come out either time. Apparently it just wasn't meant to be. The day ended with the fireworks show which was extremely entertaining and fun to see followed by a rush to the car and the long drive back up to Santa Barbara. We had to stop halfway back for a twinkie and coke break to keep ourselves awake.



I'll post some more pictures from the day as they become available.

4 comments:

Heather said...

So fun. My favorite ride has ALWAYS been the haunted house. EXpecially (spelled wrong on purpose) when you look in the mirror and you can see the ghost sitting next to you! AHHHHHH! Tell me you went on this ride! Also, I have always enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribean ride, even before all the Johnny Deep hype! Hope you didn't skip that.

On the other hand, rides I could live without are the teacups, dumbo, and worst of all, I used to be horrified of this ride when I was little Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. <---horrific.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Greg said...

Oh yes, we went to the Haunted House and Pirates of the Caribean. So, we were in the front at Splash Mountain and then we were in the front again for Pirates and I of course got wet once again. I was a huge fan of Astro Blasters and Matterhorn. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain were a lot of fun too.

We skipped the Teacups and Dumbo. I found It's a Small World to be kind of freaky because all i could think about was what if one of these dolls went all Chucky on us? I think I should pitch that idea to Hollywood.

Yeah, Mr. Toads Wild Ride was definitely a little horrifying. It was a bit preachy with the whole going to h*ll touch at the end.

Anonymous said...

Cool man, I too will be visiting the happiest place on earth, all be it in Orlando. Just my luck though, may family comes down for 4 days, and it just happens that Disney is hosting what is called "Gay Days". Yes, that kind of gay, not the happy gay...

Greg said...

T-bone, if you survived your Wrestling trip to Fresno, Gay Days at Disney World will be a piece of cake!