Saturday, January 18, 2014

Back to work

This week marked the beginning of spring semester. All the students are back as we begin the slow trudge through the sixteen weeks leading to summer vacation. Overall this week was a decent one and a fairly easy transition back to working regular hours. Don't get me wrong being at work at 8am on Monday was a struggle and an unwelcome change from sleeping till 9 or 10 each day.  Luckily most of my athletes are fairly healthy at this point, so I currently only have a couple of rehabs to do and some maintenance work with another. But with this decrease in working my athletes is made up for by working with everyone else's when they are busy, not around, or just don't want to deal with them. It's kind of funny, the past couple of years my co-worker Amber has helped pick up the slack with the rowing team and I tend to end up working with the majority of the track team. Oh, well it gives us something to do right?

Outside of a pretty slow week at work I've been able to keep a decent workout schedule going. We'll see how this goes as the semester gets busier and the athletes get more injured and need more attention. I started out doing some running over the winter break and then last week started to incorporate some lifting into the routine. My goal is to get down to 160lbs by June.

With work and getting workouts in I haven't really left myself a lot of time to watch television, but I was really excited to see that the third season of "Being Human" was added to netflix.  I'm trying to limit myself to watching one episode a day. I also caught a little bit of the "American Idol" auditions. After the past few seasons I thought this show might be on it's way to becoming a thing of the past, but the addition of Harry Connick Jr. to the judging panel and some editing choices has rejuvenated it. He's not as direct as Simon with his criticism, but at least he's not afraid to tell it how it is.

Well, that was pretty much my week. Hope everyone else had a good week.

Oh, I almost forgot! Probably the most exciting thing that happened this week was the National Women's Soccer League draft on Friday morning. I am excited to say that two of the seniors from this years team were drafted by the Seattle Reign. I am very proud of the two of them and am excited that they get to live their dream of playing professional soccer.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Greg,
It must be tough to be at work at 8 a.m. I'm on my second break by then and my day is half over.