Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 the year to be...

Okay, so I have not put a blog post up in an uber long time. But, that is going to change. I am going to do better and blog at least once a week for the rest of 2014.  I am not entirely sure what I am going to blog about, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

So, for my first blog entry of 2014 I came up of a list of things and/or places that I want to do this year and I am going to share that list with all of you.

The first thing on my list is to visit the Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood here just east of Portland, OR. I cannot believe that I've lived in Portland for almost five years now and I have not been that far up the mountain.

The second thing on my list is to visit and do some hiking around Mount Saint Helen's. This another locale that is so close to Portland that the only excuse I have for not doing this sooner is because I've been lazy about pulling the trigger and actually making the trip.

The next thing on my list is to revisit Victoria, Canada and go on a whale watching trip. I first had the opportunity to do this when I worked with the men's basketball at UC Santa Barbara. It was such a great experience to see orca's in the wild rather than at Sea World.

Along the same vein I also want to visit Vancouver, Canada to witness the Vancouver celebration of light. So, what is the celebration of light? Well, essentially it's an international fireworks competition. Three firework companies come to Vancouver and put on a twenty-five minute firework display.

I also want to make a trip down the Oregon coast to the Redwood National Forest in Northern California as well as visit Washington's Olympic Peninsula.

I'm sure I will be adding more to this list as the year progresses past its infancy, but it is a solid start.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Greg,
Dad and I like your 2014 places to go list. Please take lots of pictures and share with us on your blog page.