Monday, October 6, 2008

AIDS Walk 2008 Recap

Hey everyone, sorry for the long delay in blogging lately. I am hoping to get some inspiration to be more consistent again.

This past weekend I participated in the 2008 Heart and Sole Aids Walk. This was a 10k walk along the Santa Barbara coast line. The weather was kind of crummy with a heavy misting rain that gradually got better as the walk progressed. Although the weather wasn't the greatest everyone had a great time. My team and I had such a great time that there was actually a picture of us in the local paper. I'll post the picture tomorrow.



I wanted to thank everyone who donated to this cause on my behalf. With your help myself and my two co-workers were able to raise over $1,000 for the Pacific Pride Foundation. All the donations go to support programs like free and anonymous HIV testing, HIV/AIDS Mental Health Counseling, a food pantry, and a needle exchange program. I was very proud of our efforts this year and I owe that in large part to all of you who donated.

So once again, thank you so very much to everyone who donated I truly appreciate the support!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You look so tall in that picture....like a giant??

Greg said...

That's what my Mom said too! I think it has something to do with my co-workers Nina and Hazel being Asian.