Sunday, August 3, 2008

Out to the Movies: Mongol

This afternoon I went to see the movie "Mongol". I was quite surprised to turn around at the ticket booth and see my team physician and his wife also going to see Mongol. It was a pleasant surprise.

The movie is about the rise of Genghis Khan. The movie was beautifully shot and had a feel very similar to "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" and "300". There was plenty of blood to be seen throughout the movie and quite a bit of foreshadowing. Over all the movie was very good and interesting to watch. The movie begins when Genghis Khan is nine years old and his Father is taking him to another clan on Mongols to pick a wife. The movie then follows the course of events that shaped his life up till the time that he united the Mongols. Over all the film was entertaining and interesting. It had piqued some interest in me on the subject, so I'll probably add something about Genghis Khan to my reading list.

No comments: