Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dentist Visit


Ugh, what a morning. There is nothing quite like spending almost 2 hours at the dentist office. That is my own fault however since it has been about three years since my last visit to the dentist chair. Growing up as a kid I never had a lot luck with the dentist. I seemed to have always had a a bad visit followed by a good visit over and over again. I thought I had been doing well.
So it turns out I have some tooth decay that needs to be taken care of next week and one that can be observed. In addition to having to get another filling I was told I have marginal gingivitis. On the bright side though I came away with some dental floss, a toothbrush, special toothpaste and some special mouth wash to combat the gingivitis. I was also instructed to go out and buy an electric toothbrush.

Some other interesting things I learned from the Dentist this morning:

I am a bilateral chewer, which apparently is a fairly rare characteristic. Score some unique points for me!
My teeth alignment makes me more susceptible to biting my lip increasing my potential risk of lip cancer, yeah double ouch there people.
My lower lip is very dry also making me more susceptible to lip cancer. Good thing I carry Chapstick around with me everywhere.

It was a pretty informative and disappointing day at the Dentist this morning. I hope my eye exam goes better on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a way to spent your vacation. Sorry about the cavity, but that's part of life. Don't worry Dad and my turn will be coming, too. We just have to find a dentist first.

Heather said...

Your Dentist is a downer. Get a Sonicare, it will change your life. I swear!