Saturday, February 11, 2012

Christmas in Charleston 2011

For Christmas 2011 I again headed to the southeast to spend the holidays with my Mom and Dad in Charleston, SC. On Christmas eve we did a harbor tour and visit to Fort Sumter to quench our thirst for Charleston civil war history. I found the whole trip to be very interesting and informative. It was also an eye opening experience as South Carolina is very proud of being the first state to secede from the Union and as being the powder keg that began the Civil war.




In addition to visiting the driving range, a couple of golf outings and renewing our miniature golf rivalry; I was unable to recapture the magic of last year and he beat me both times we played, my dad and I also took a visit to Charlestowne Landing. This historic site is the original settlement site of the Charleston area. This was a good sized area that included a natural area featuring some of the native species that inhabited the land with the early settlers, the original settlement and an english garden.






1 comment:

Allison said...

I am happy you had such an educational and fun time with your parents on your visit to SC. Your dad is quite good at the miniature golf. I had no chance against him when we played.