Tuesday, December 7, 2010

From My Portfolio:


"Sunset at Strawberry Hill, Oregon Coast"

When I was in graduate school at the University of Oregon I used to escape to the coast when I needed to leave work, school, and everything else behind. I would spend the entire day driving up and down the coast. Back in those days my cell phone only sporadically got reception, so I was practically unreachable; just a man and his thoughts. One day I came across the Strawberry Hill wayside. This wayside just north of the Heceta Lighthouse became my go to spot when I needed to think. I contemplated a lot of things sitting there overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the group of seals that decided to nestle themselves up on the rock formations barely offshore. On this day I decided to stay till the sun went down and got this shot. It is still one of my favorites and eventually turned into a wedding present for Heather and Zeb; as well as, a Christmas present for my Mom and Dad.

As always comments are more than welcomed!

Take care,
Greg

3 comments:

Mom said...

Greg,
Dad and I love your Oregon pictures. We hope to get to come back to Oregon someday. Dad likes your coast better than ours. I like the waterfalls and the big beautiful trees.

Allison said...

Greg,
This place is much better in person than just a picture. It is a great picture though.
Happy Holidays!!

Greg said...

Mom, I enjoy my Oregon pictures too, though I have some good ones from Santa Barbara as well. I want you to come out for a visit. I have to agree with Dad I think the Oregon Coast is more picturesque.

Allison, I agree with you. The photo is just a snapshot of time, but being able to fully experience this spot is amazing. Happy Holidays to you as well!

Greg